June 4, 2010

Catch Up

It has been a long time. I'm about to start my third year teaching Kindergarten. I'm taking my second Masters class at William Carey. I know I'm a nerd, but I'm so excited that I'm taking classes again and have homework to do. One of my assignments has me reviewing 10 websites. I thought it was goin to be a pain in the butt, but I'm actually loving it. These websites are providing me with so many new and fun ideas to use. All this work gives me something to do with my day. Not that taking care of Kaleb is a cake-walk. Except that it is. Kaleb is the best baby in the world. I don't know what I did to get such a chillaxed baby. Eric and I are still in Waynesboro but it's getting better and better. Well, it was. The person I consider my best friend in Waynesboro taught Kindergarten with me last year. That was great because we got to see each other 6 days a week (she goes to church with us) but now she's staying at home to be a mom. I'm glad for her, but sad for me. She was kind of my only link to the world of Waynesboro and now she's gone. I know that everyone here has friends out the wazoo because they all grew up together but I feel all alone sometimes. I don't get invited to do things with them because I'm still considered an outsider, a new girl, an afterthought.
We're going to the Virgin Islands in a few weeks with Eric's parents and his brother. We're taking Kaleb with us, which should be quite an experience. He'll be flying an riding a boat in the same day. It'll be fun once we get there but the trip will be miserable. I'm seriously considering giving him some Benadryl in his bottle before we take off. I know. That sounds horrible and it probably is. Kaleb may do great since he's so go-with-the-flow. Hopefully I'll have some good stories after that trip.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a happily married mother of two perfect little boys. I love my family, living in the South, reading, and teaching.