November 12, 2012

For Which I'm Thankful: Days 6 -10

Day 6 - health. There are so many people who aren't healthy and I take for granted everything I am able to do (even if I don't do them all). But I'm not just thankful for my health. I read blogs and stories of people who have lost children or who have children with chronic or terminal illnesses and it just makes me sick to think about it. I'm so very thankful that I have two healthy children, a healthy husband, parents, sisters, and friends.

Day 7 - job. I LOVE my job. Obviously there are days when I go home frustrated or angry, but for the most part I couldn't imagine doing anything else. I'm thankful that I discovered my passion early in life and have never wavered. Teaching is something that is ingrained in me. Whenever people ask me what I do and I tell them I teach, they say they could tell. Haha ~ not exactly sure what that means, but it's always a confirmation that I'm doing what I'm supposed to do. I love working with children each day and doing something different. I can't imagine sitting in a cubicle or working on a computer all day (if you do that, more power to you). I need the challenge and diversity of teaching.

Day 8 - Nutella. Yes, it's trivial, but I'm loving some Nutella right now. It's so yummy and it tricks me into thinking I'm eating healthier than if I eat ice cream. Something and Nutella is usually my dessert each day. Apples, bananas, graham crackers, nila wafers, etc. It's all yummy!

Day 9 - hot and running water. One thing I can't deal with is a cold shower. I'd rather not bathe. So today I'm thankful that I have hot water. Along those same lines, I'm thankful for running water in general. I seriously take for granted the ability to wash dishes, go to the bathroom, take a shower, brush my teeth, and wash clothes. None of these things would be possible without running water. Think about how your day would be different if you had to go to a spring or well and haul up the water you needed.

Day 10 - cell phones. I lived in the pre-cell phone era. I didn't think anything of it because I didn't know any better. Now I know. What did parents do when emergencies arose and they couldn't get in touch with someone immediately. What did people do when their cars broke down or they had a flat tire and couldn't change it themselves? Cell phones have made my life easier and given me such a peace of mind.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a happily married mother of two perfect little boys. I love my family, living in the South, reading, and teaching.