November 26, 2010

Traditions

As the holidays roll around, I got to thinking about family traditions. Honestly, we don't really have very many and that's something I'd like to change. Here are the ones we do have.
1. Thanksgiving lunch at Eric's grandmother's house with all of his family. A non-traditional dinner
at my parents house. Our Thanksgiving is sometime that weekend at my Aunt Sibby's.
2. Carols by Candlelight
3. Putting up the Christmas tree and decorations the week after Thanksgiving
4. Buying an ornament every trip we take
5. Making cornflake wreathes
6. Christmas cards
7. NOT shopping on Black Friday

Here are some traditions I would like to start.
1. Making handprint turkeys with Eric, Kaleb, and my hands and writing what we are thankful for
on each finger
2. Baking cookies for Santa
3. Opening a present at our house before heading to the grandparents' houses
4. Filling stockings

No comments:

About Me

I'm a happily married mother of two perfect little boys. I love my family, living in the South, reading, and teaching.