January 21, 2012

Mommy Guilt

The past couple of days I have felt such mommy guilt. I come home from school totally exhausted, patience used up, and just needing to lay down. Of course, the 4 hours between when I get home from school and bedtime are the only times I see Kaleb everyday. I should be neglecting myself and spending time with him, right? I know that's not an option all of the time, but it should be at least some of the time. I mean, when I get home all I can think about is getting under the covers or about how much homework or housework I have to do. I know I can do that when Kaleb goes to bed, but let's face it, kids are exhausting. And after spending 8 hours with 20 kids that aren't my own, I feel too drained to spend time with my own. I know! It's horrible! But that's the reality of a teacher/mom. I've always said "No way!" when anyone asked if I would be a stay-at-home mom if I had the chance because it's the hardest job in the world and I crave adult interaction, but now I'm seeing the benefits for kids of parents who do choose to stay home. This was just a rambling of emotions I've been feeling lately.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a happily married mother of two perfect little boys. I love my family, living in the South, reading, and teaching.