January 2, 2016

Goals and Such

Sooo I feel like I'm on repeat when I say I'm a bad blogger, but the fact that I didn't blog at all in 2015  somehow gives me the right to say it again. I'm not promising that I'm going to be awesome at it this year, but I'll definitely be better than last year. I mean, I'm already soon better with this first post. Since it's the first day of the new year I feel obligated to share my goals for 2016. I try not to make too many goals because I know myself and know that I have low will power. I've made one weekly goal, two monthly goals, and two yearly goals. Last year I had a goal to read the Bible all the way through. We, as part of our church, started a study called The Readers Guide to the Bible. Essentially it's a year-long study of the Bible chronologically. I'm not going to lie. Most of the year I did terrible. I felt like I was playing catch up for most of the year. I got bogged down in the Old Testament and had to binge read the New Testament. I'm happy (and honestly surprised) to say that I finished Revelations on December 30th. Doing the study helped me realize that making a goal to read the Bible everyday isn't realistic for me. I hope that this time I can go deeper into smaller sections of the Bible.
My weekly goal is to spend more days in the Word than out of it. It could be 7 and 0 or even 4 and 3 for those super busy/tiring/where-did-all-my-time-go weeks. My monthly goals are to 1) save from every paycheck we get and 2) go on more dates with Eric. At least once a month. That gets tricky because we don't live in the same place as our parents and that severely cuts down on cheap (i.e. free) babysitting options. Darn kids these days want to be paid for working. (And stay off my lawn!) my yearly goals are to 1) donate blood. I know, I know. I'm 30 years old and have never donated blood. It's terrible. I have no excuse except fear. But this is the year to conquer that fear. And 2) go on a mission trip. I've felt called to go on an international mission trip for over a year now, but haven't felt like the kids were old enough for me to leave them for a week or more. Our church does several every year, and I'd like to be a part of one. I'm not sure which one, but I know they go to Haiti and Guatemala every year. They've also gone to Scotland. That would be preferable because they at least speak English. I'm still praying about it, and I'll be sure to post a monthly goal update to let you know how things are going.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a happily married mother of two perfect little boys. I love my family, living in the South, reading, and teaching.