April 17, 2013

Book Review: Duck Dynasty Book


Who doesn't love "Duck Dynasty"? I mean those guys are honest to goodness rednecks and they're okay with that. They have family values, follow the Bible, and work hard for a living (not to mention play hard). I had honestly never heard of Duck Commander before the show, and I really haven't heard anything about it since except in reference to the show. While watching the show I had some questions about the people and the company. How much is is worth? Why do they have those crazy beards? What did they look like before those beards? Why would anyone marry someone with a beard like that? What is the world is up with Uncle Si? Many of these questions are answered in this book. The chapters are titled with food such as "Fried Bologna Sandwiches" or "Frog Legs" and each one represents a different time in their lives. They also start each chapter with a Bible verse and it kind of alludes to what the chapter is about. It's a quick, interesting read for anyone at all fascinated with the show.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a happily married mother of two perfect little boys. I love my family, living in the South, reading, and teaching.