July 25, 2012

Preschool Anxiety

First, let me say that Kaleb is super thrilled to be going to preschool in a couple of weeks. I'm the one who has anxiety. I've been up a couple nights just worrying over little things. Will he mind the teachers? Will he be able to pay attention during their instructional time? Will he have a lot of accidents? Will he actually lay down and be still and quiet during nap time? Will he make friends? How many times will they have to call me to come get him? I'm sure all parents go through this inner turmoil when their children start any type of structured school environment and I know that I'm preparing him for kindergarten early, but I still get nervous. He's very friendly and fun with us, but when he gets around new people he gets really quiet and shy. I'm sure it won't take him long to get over that.
I'm going to take him to meet his teacher and see his room and the playground and stuff on Friday morning. I think that will help alleviate some of the anxiety I'm feeling. I should probably make a list of questions that I have for the teacher.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a happily married mother of two perfect little boys. I love my family, living in the South, reading, and teaching.