June 11, 2013

8 Month Update

Here's my sweet little guy at Adalay's birthday party.  He wasn't quite 8 months, but he looks the same.

Age: 8 months
Weight:  21 lbs
Length: 29 inches - I didn't get to measure him this month, but it' probably about the same.
Sleep: He's sleeping very well lately. He'll go to bed between 8 and 9 and stay asleep until 7ish. Once summer school is over and he's not going to daycare, we'll try to adjust that schedule so we can all sleep a little later.
Likes: He likes being in the same place as Kaleb and/or me and/or Daddy. He's a social little guy. His paci is still the thing he can't live without, but he's also starting to get really attached to the yellow blanket Angie made him. He really likes when Kaleb acts silly. You can't help but laugh when he's laughing.
Dislikes: Being hungry and falling over, which is happening more and more now that he's trying to crawl. He's fallen off the couch, bumped his head on our hardwood floors, and gotten a carpet burn on his face. I swear I watch him!
News: He had a busy month. He said his first word "mama" (yay!), but he only says it when he's unhappy. Not really sure how to take that. He also cut his first AND second tooth - hallelujah! They are teeny little things on the bottom. The first one caused him a few nights of grief, but I was so glad when it finally got came through. I didn't even realize he had the second one until I was trying to see the first one! He is trying so hard to crawl. He gets on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth like he's just hoping he'll apparate to where he wants to go. (Sorry for the HP reference.) He's taken a few little "steps" but I don't really qualify it as straight up crawling. He has mastered rolling over and going from laying down to sitting up.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a happily married mother of two perfect little boys. I love my family, living in the South, reading, and teaching.