April 5, 2012

Nash-viz Days 1 and 2

Eric and I went to Nashville to visit Haley and Josh and it's been pretty fun. Much more fun than the last time I was here.
Tuesday was spent driving....all day. We left around 9:30 and went through Birmingham, then up near Huntsville, and on to Nashville. We went to Arby's for lunch so we didn't have to spend a lot of time eating and could spend more time in TN. It was a pretty long drive. Not gonna lie. When we got here Haley was still at work so we chilled out around her house until she got home. When she got back we decided to eat at the house to save some money then go out for dessert and Hunger Games. We drove down to the Opry Mills mall and had some Marble Slab ice cream. I was so excited that we were going to get to see Hunger Games on IMAX. Like, too excited probably. Well, turns out they were only playing Wrath of the Titans (yuck!) on IMAX so we had to watch it on a regular movie screen. I was dissapointed, but I quickly got over it because I really wanted to see the movie. It was a really good adaptation from the book..except for Peeta. Josh Hutcherson was really not how I pictured Peeta. I don't know who I would cast for him but I don't think it was J. Hutch. Anyway! We got back to the apartment around midnight and went to bed. It was a long day.
Wednesday we woke up early(ish) and went to the Pancake Pantry for breakfast. It's apparantly a staple of Nashville. The line was out the door and around the corner. Haley said it's like that all the time. It was really good! I had the small appetite meal with 4 silver dollar pancakes, eggs, and bacon. I didn't even finish the eggs. Eric had the choclate chip pancakes which were REALLY chocolatey chippy. After we ate, Haley had to go to work so we drove around Nashville with Josh. We went back to the place called The Gulch and saw where Taylor Swift lives. She lives in a penthouse in Nash-viz. I was pretty disappointed that she didn't live in this huge house, but whatevs. After driving around, we came back to the apartment and chilled a little bit. Then Eric and I took off on our own and went to downtown Franklin. It was soo cute! There's all these stores and restaurants in a little area. We ate at a little Irish pub and eatery. It was legit. I had shepherds pie and Eric had fish and chips. Then we walked around some more and went to Sweet Cece's, this ice cream place that's ALL OVER Nashville. We came back to the apartment to wait for Haley to get home. We had plans to go play lazer tag and eat steak and spaghetti but we were all pretty exhausted so we postponed it to tonight. Instead, we ate some pizza at Perfect Pizza and it was really good, too. It's nice having our own personal guides here.
Today was low key, too. I'll post about today and tomorrow when we get back to Jackson Friday night. Can't lie. Really looking forward to seeing Kaleb again. It's been almost a week since I've seen him! That's the longest I've ever gone. Anyway, Haley should be home soon so we can go tag it up.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a happily married mother of two perfect little boys. I love my family, living in the South, reading, and teaching.