September 16, 2012

My Favorite Things

Every month or so I want to do a post on some of my new favorite things. Since this is my first one, it'll include some things that are not so new to me.
 
First, the Atkins chocolate bars and shakes. These have been a lifesaver while having diabetes. The chocolate is obviously not real chocolate, but once you get use to it you don't even notice anymore. The shakes tell you not to freeze them, but if you put them in the freezer for about an hour and a half they don't freeze all the way but they get slushy enough to make them kinda taste like milkshakes. This is my dessert most days.
 
 

 
 
 
Next is our new programs in school. Reading Street is obviously the reading program and enVision Math is the math program. I love them because there are so many extra things geared specifically for students. They have a website where the students can go online and play vocabulary games or practice their math skills. The textbooks and workbooks are online, too if parents want to give them extra help. The only thing about all of these Internet friendly options is that many parents don't go online to utilize them.
 
 Here is the new conditioner I got at WalMart the other day. It's kind of amazing. It's called Honey, I'm Strong. It's super creamy and I don't need as much of it as I did my other kind.

 Finally, "New Girl." This is one of those that isn't necessarily a new thing since it's been on the air a whole season, but Eric and I just started watching it this summer on Hulu and it's so funny. I can't wait for the new season to start. In fact, I can't wait for all of the new seasons to start. I'm ready to see what happens on "New Girl," "Grey's Anatomy," "Vampire Diaries," and "Modern Family."

So there's my short list for this month. Maybe next month I'll make notes as I go so I can have some more.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a happily married mother of two perfect little boys. I love my family, living in the South, reading, and teaching.