January 15, 2011

Blog Envy

I don't really like reading blogs by people I don't know. I'm sure if I read the same one every day I would feel like I knew them, but I just can't do that. I like to know the face and personality of the person who's blogging. Anyway, I like reading blogs about other people's lives, but I find myself getting envious of their lives when I see pictures posted of a perfect house with a giant kitchen and how they're always having parties or being productive. Then I look around my house and, honestly, there's no room to even sit down for all of the junk. There's clothes, dishes, papers, books, cereal boxes, silverware, puzzle pieces, rotten banana pieces (that Kaleb threw down for Lucy to eat), and who knows what else is UNDER the furniture. Sorry if I grossed you out with the banana thing, but this is what my life has reduced to. I can't blame it all on Kaleb. I can't blame it all on work or school or "me time" or Eric. I just have to do better. I am the queen of excuses. I tell myself that there's no point in hanging stuff on the wall because we'll probably be moving in another year, but why not hang them up for a year? It's better than having them sit around in our "guest bedroom" that is actually a storage unit. I tell myself that it's just going to get messy again so why clean up? I would be so embarrassed if anyone came over to my house and saw it looking like this. I'm going to stop living like this! Off to clean up....

No comments:

About Me

I'm a happily married mother of two perfect little boys. I love my family, living in the South, reading, and teaching.