January 20, 2011

January Date Night

One of my overall New Year's resolutions was to go on more dates with Eric, so we started January off during Martin Luther King Monday. I wish we had more family close by so we could have our free babysitters. That's one thing I'm jealous of about the people who live here. They live here, their parents live here, their grandparents live here, their brothers and sisters live here, etc. But luckily we have Aunt Haley and Uncle Josh who live in Hattiesburg and can keep Kaleb if they aren't working. I know Aunt Millie would love to keep him more, but that's not really an option. Okay, so that was a total detour from our January Date Night, but here we go!
We drove to Hattiesburg in the late afternoon and headed to Seattle Drip to meet Aunt Haley who was getting off of work. The movie (I'll get to that part) didn't start until 5:30, and we go there around 4:00, but we were so hungry that we went to the mall for a snack. Plus I needed some khakis. We headed to the food court and got a meal from Chick Fil A to share. It was so good. I wish we had one in Waybo. Anyway, I went to look for khakis because my whole dress pant wardrobe is dark colored and I wanted to lighten it up. I went to American Eagle and GAP just to learn that khakis are out of style. No one had any!
After that we decided to go ahead and head to the movies so we could get some popcorn. Good thing too because our 5:30 movie really started at 5:05. We got a bunch of Grand gift cards so we went to get popcorn and drinks. I got a kiddie pack because it only has a little bit of popcorn PLUS it has gummy bears and a drink. Who cares that I'm 26? There's nothing really out right now that I want to see, but Eric wanted to see a lot of it so I let him pick. Our whole family has seen True Grit and really like it so he picked that one. Let me just say that I'm not a fan of Western movies. I find them very beige and boring. This one wasn't so bad though. Granted, it was still a Western and not really my cup of tea, but I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would. The acting was really good and it was funny (like everyone else said it would be).
We went out to eat at Oishi so we could get some hibachi. It was going to be a long wait to sit at the hibachi grill so we sat at a regular table and ordered hibachi from there. (You can do that!) By this point I was feeling a little nauseous but the food made it better. Kaleb had been with Aunt Haley for a few hours by this point so we grabbed some Starbucks (sorry Haley, but they're open past 8) and headed back to get Kaleb.
I miss my baby even when I'm away from him for only a few hours, but it's so nice to get out and be with Eric. We get to talk and laugh and plan and just have fun. Our February Date will be to Biloxi because I have to get a bridesmaid's dress for my sweet friend Heather's wedding.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a happily married mother of two perfect little boys. I love my family, living in the South, reading, and teaching.