January 1, 2011

The Obligatory Resolution Post

Most resolutions only last for a month...two at most. In order to combat this resolution failure phenomenon, I've decided to make 12 short-term resolutions (obviously one for each month) and just a couple year-long resolutions.

YEAR LONG RESOLUTIONS
1. Read 30 books.
2. Save at least $50 a month for Christmas gifts.
3. Go on a date with my husband once a month.

MONTHLY RESOLUTIONS
January - Be nicer to Lucy. She's a pain in the butt, but it would be hard to go from being the only "child" to having a super cuter baby brother.
February - Use an encouragement tablet. Basically, this means having a legal pad set somewhere consistent (like the kitchen table) where I write words of encouragement to Eric.
March - Stay on budget. I can do it for one month. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.
April - Stay positive.
May - Walk at least twice a week.
June - Make As in both my summer classes. This will be the first time I've taken two classes at once. I think I'll be able to do it as long as I stay focused.
July - Totally plan Kaleb's birthday; including gifts. Last year we got his presents the day of his birthday. Talk about a lack of planning.
August - Keep a prayer journal. By writing down my prayers and responses or feelings, I think I'll see God at work in my life.
September - Put others first.
October - Celebrate fall/Halloween. I've been a slacker mom with dressing Kaleb up and taking him trick-or-treating, but I've had the excuse of "he's too young to even remember it." This year he'd probably enjoy it more.
November - Cook something for Thanksgiving dinner. My mother-in-law slaves away making an endless number of dishes. This year, I'm going to contribute something.
December - Follow through with my Christmas Traditions. I have to set those in stone so that I'll know what I expect of myself. I know that I have a few like stocking with pomegrantes and toothbrushes in them, opening one gift before we leave our house to go to our parents' houses, making cookies, and creating a Family Photo Collage with a picture for each month.

1 comment:

Amelia Adams said...

those sound like good resolutions. I still havent figured out what or if I'm going to have any.

About Me

I'm a happily married mother of two perfect little boys. I love my family, living in the South, reading, and teaching.