January 29, 2011

Date Day Part 2/Our Odd Discovery

Eric and I got to have another January Date Day today because we had to go to Biloxi for a bridesmaid's dress fitting. We met my mom in Hattiesburg around 11:15 and gave her Kaleb. Then we went to eat some sushi for lunch at Sakura. I think they've changed their recipe for the snow crab roll because it definitely wasn't as good as it used to be. Plus, it was warm and it's never been that way before. After we ate we started our journey to Biloxi. I can't speak for Eric, but I know that I really enjoy when we go on car trips and we talk about any and everything we think of. I feel very blessed to have a husband I love and can talk to about anything. We got to Biloxi and drove to Gatlins for the bridesmaid's dress fitting. I'm a size SIX! What the crap? That's awesome! Now all I have to do is not gain any weight AND lose a few extra pounds so I'll be able to breathe in the dress. After we put the deposit down for the dress we drove along the coastline and decided to stop and walk around on the beach. It was pretty deserted, but it felt really good outside. We had to put on light jackets, but we took our shoes off and walked in the water a little bit. The water felt cool, but it wasn't freezing so it was kind of nice. We ended up with tar balls on the bottoms of our feet so I kinda feel like I'm a part of history now. Anyway, I found this thing in the sand that I thought was a sand dollar but when I picked it up it had teeth and eye sockets! We still have no idea what the heck it is because it also has a kind of a pig nose snout. We've been trying to figure it out all afternoon and we've still got nothing. Eric's going to give it to the biology teacher at the high school to see if she has any insights, and if not we may take it to the marine biology department at Southern. I'm going to be really disappointed if it turns out to be a cat skull or something. After we left the beach we went to Books A Million and then headed back to Hattiesburg. We went and saw The Tourist, which I liked even though a lot of people didn't. Then we went and picked up Kaleb from Haley and Josh's apartment (they called my baby birth control! Ouch!), went to Krystal, and came back home. Pretty successful date day if I say so myself.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a happily married mother of two perfect little boys. I love my family, living in the South, reading, and teaching.