February 9, 2011

A Loaded Post

I've been pretty busy and sleepy lately so I've neglected my blogging. I'll try to catch up in this post.

Day 10
What is Jesus teaching you as a wife, mom, or friend?
As a wife, Jesus is teaching me (or at least trying to) to show my love to Eric. I know his love language and I know the language I use to express love. Unfortunately they are different. I'm going to make a concerted effort to support and love my husband. One example is the encouragement tablet. That's my February resolution - the encouragement tablet. This is how it works: I have a writing tablet on the fridge. I write little notes of encouragement to Eric throughout the month. As a mom, I'm learning that my most important goal as a mother is to raise Kaleb up in a Godly atmosphere. This doesn't just include a Godly home. It includes having God in all aspects of Kaleb's life. As a friend, God is showing me that gossip hurts. There's some things going on around here that just remind me that gossip can really hurt others.

Day 11
Post a recipe.
Here's a recipe for potato soup that I got from my mother-in-law.
5 large potatoes
8 0z sour cream
8 oz Velveeta
Cut the potatoes into quarters. Boil potatoes in just enough water to cover them for 20 minutes. Salt the water. Pour out some of the water for thicker soup. Mash the potatoes in the water. Add the sour cream and Velveeta. Keep on low heat long enough to melt all of the ingredients together. I like to add bacon bits to mine to add a little more saltiness and texture.

Day 12
Write about what wears you out as a woman.
As a woman I get worn out from the expectations to be able to do everything all at once. I'm a wife, a mother, a teacher, and a woman. Sometimes I think I'd just like to have a couple days without anyone around so I could sleep late, have a house that stays clean, read, watch chick flicks and cry, and just relax. Of course, I know I'd miss Kaleb...oh and Eric, too. Overall, being a woman is amazing and I'm so glad I'm not a guy.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a happily married mother of two perfect little boys. I love my family, living in the South, reading, and teaching.